Saturday, May 29, 2010

My Mother


I am reading a book titled "Shapeshifting" within which the author states that the mayan and other native societies in the Southern hemisphere shapeshifted back to the earth and simply abandoned their cities realizing that the path they were traveling within city life was usurping the Earth's resources in a destructive and doomed way. Just like that. They marched, walked, turned away from the destructive lifestyle that we cling to today. I imagined what it would look like to return back to the Earth, to a relationship with nature that is in harmony with who I am as One with the Earth. We have turned so profoundly away from the Truth of who we are as integral expressions and life forms of Earth. I contemplate this deeply today.

No comments:

Post a Comment