Monday, March 19, 2012

Meet Saint Symeon (949 AD-1022 AD


"We awaken in Christ's body as Christ awakens our bodies,
and my poor hand is Christ, Christ enters my foot, and is infinitely me.
I move my hand, and wonderfully
My hand becomes Christ, becomes all of It (for God is indivisibly whole,
seamless in Its Godhood.) I move my foot, and at once
It appears like a flash of lightening.
Do my words seem blasphemous?
Then open your heart to Christ, and let yourself receive the One
who is opening to you so deeply.
For if we genuinely love Christ, we wake up in Christ's body
Where all our body, all over, every most hidden part of it,
Is realized in joy as Christ, and Christ makes us, utterly real,
And everything that is hurt, everything that seemed to us dark, harsh, shameful, maimed, ugly, irreparably damaged, is in Christ transformed
And recognized as whole, as lovely, and radiant in Its light
We awaken as the Beloved in every last part of our body."

No comments:

Post a Comment