Tuesday, April 2, 2013

How I Became the Whole in the Donut


Imagine a giant donut shape with the “whole” in the center of the donut filled with “me”, a vast beingness occupying the center of a circumference of energy. This vision came to me while sitting in meditation during a church service on a Sunday morning. I wasn’t in this container, I was the actual center of this container, peaceful, calm, and centered. Suddenly, this donut-shaped container around me began filling up with thoughts and feelings that had no reference to my immediate experience. This led me to the conclusion that these thoughts and feelings were not exactly my own, or had originated within me. I had entered the building that morning at peace, calm, centered and clear of any residual thoughts or feelings from the past. These thoughts and feelings from my environment felt foreign as if they didn’t quite fit with my internal experience of who I was or what I was doing.
I felt myself being drawn into these mixed feelings and thoughts; a swirling and twirling sensation that confused me; I became disoriented. I experienced a wide variety of emotions: first, anxiety, then sorrow, next frustration, some passing anger, a deep resentment, humiliation, and then again confusion. I had been floating peacefully in calm waters when the waters began to churn; I began to sink into the surrounding mix of fluid thoughts and emotion. A still small Presence within guided my attention back to the center of that donut-shaped container, back to that still place of grace I had known just moments before. Internally I shifted to the center, looked around with the inner eye and watched, with detachment, all of the feelings and thoughts that did not “belong” to me swirling all around in the donut space around me. I felt and knew a clarity, a deep understanding of the confusion I often experience in other situations as being this phenomenon of being the center of a container that held all that is around and within my environment.
Ernest Holmes, a new thought spiritual leader from the early 1900s says:
Telepathy is the act of reading subjective thought, or of receiving conscious thought without audible words being spoken. But there must be a mental tuning in, so to speak, just as there must be in radio. We are surrounded by all sorts of vibrations, and if we wish to catch any of them distinctly, we must tune in; but there is a great deal of interference, and we do not always get the messages clearly. We often get the wrong ones, and sometimes many of the vibrations come together and seem to be nothing but a lot of noises, without any particular reason for being. It is only when the instrument is properly adjusted to some individual vibration that a clear message may be received. (Science of Mind, Pg 240)
There is much more to be said about the phenomenon of telepathy. In some ways this is how my thoughts and your thoughts become our thoughts. We enter the kingdom and are One, individuated, yet One in the container that is One container.

No comments:

Post a Comment