Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hip Hop


I took a hip hop class today from my son (pictured above in one of his videos). He is giving back to his community by giving a free dance class on the first Sunday of every month. Today was the first session and the room was full, and everyone had a big grin on their face! I must have been quite a site--a 57 year old Mom groovin' it. I was actually dong the "snake" and the "body roll". But hey, I'm tellin' ya, live Now, have fun, be young and you will feel young. I am practicing more and more the gutsy act of doing whatever I want, when I want, and I pay no mind to any insecurities about what I might look like (well, maybe a little--but not much!!), or what others think. It's simply too late for that. There is no more time to waste on going down that detour. Surrender yourself to the Now, as Thich Nhat Hahn says.

No comments:

Post a Comment