Saturday, October 24, 2009

I Send My Love to You Today


Every one of us
is called upon, probably many
times, to start a new life.
A frightening diagnosis,a
marriage, a move, loss of a job...
And onward full tilt we go,
pitched and wrecked and absurdly
resolute, driven in spite of
everything to make good on a
new shore. To be hopeful, to
embrace one possibility after
another--that is surely the basic
instinct...Crying out: High Tide!
Time to move out into the
glorious debris. Time to take
this life for what it is.
Barbara Kingsolver
From "High Tide In Tucson"

This poem reminds me that I have recently lost my job with health benefits and a regular paycheck, that I have moved out of my home of 25 years to reduce my expenses, and that I am finding my way through the midlife shift of role changes from mother to independent woman. This peom reminds me to be so easy with myself. My mantra this morning was, "I love you, Sanna" as I cupped my face. Let my post be a reminder to cup your face in your loving hands and tell that within you how much you love her/him. Sometimes it's all we have as we again face the "glorious debris" and rise again sustained by something deeper. I send my love to you today.
Go here for a very creative video: (the embedding feature was disabled, so you have to go there to see it! hugz...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkxle5M2E4

No comments:

Post a Comment